Monday, September 20, 2010

Nelly Furtado Covers Rush!

I don't usually just pop up videos on this blog for a video's sake but I thought this would interest any Rush fan out there. Nelly Furtado (whose song I'm Like A Bird is her most memorable and frankly a great song - gotta love that Mellotron intro!) covered Time Stand Still from Rush's Hold Your Fire album at a recent concert.

There is a well-shot YouTube of the rehearsal and gig. She does a good job but I think her band is also fairly interesting. The drummer is for sure doing his best to merge Neil's part with what makes sense at a Nelly Furtado concert. Enjoy!

1 comment:

VoxMoose said...

With all due respect to Geddy Lee, I've long felt that many-a Rush tune would be greatly served by a female lead. Those songs are so well crafted and catchy, but it is hard for folks to get past The Voice. I thought Nelly did a fine job.