Saturday, September 13, 2008

Check Out The Frames

The handful of folks who have followed this blog for more than a year know that I was one of the many who fell for the move Once. I was stoked when Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova won the very well-deserved Oscar for best song, and the duo's Portland show was one of the most intimate 'big' shows I had seen in a long time.

My friend Mark recently burned me some CDs of Hansard's pre-Once band, The Frames. I thought it would be mostly rocked up versions in the style of his Once tunes. I was shocked then to hear how rocking and dare I say progressive some of the music was. Dig these vids:

Fitzcarraldo


Revelate (anyone who liked the electric violin on Rush's Losing It as much as I did will dig this one. But the video doesn't to do the song justice. Check it on iTunes)

No comments: