Friday, June 15, 2007

Blast From The Past - Sick Again



Back in the late 90s, in one of the weirdest but coolest pairings ever, Jimmy Page embarked on a world tour with The Black Crowes (or was it the other way around?). They did mostly Zeppelin tunes but also some blues standards and even some Black Crowes songs.

To my shattered memory, the tour was shelved after a month or so because Page had chronic back pain and couldn't carry on.

A an Internet only CD came from the tour - Live At The Greek (now available on CD). Back in the day, I stole the whole thing using Napster on dial up (sorry Jimmy) and it took about 13 hours to get it all. Holy crap they made it hard to steal music back then.

Today, when these songs come up randomly on my iPod, I am always blown away at how powerful and big the band sounds, how good Page is playing, and how much better Chris Robinson can sing Zeppelin than Robert Plant.

My only regret is that I never saw this show. But of course there are tons of clips on YouTube. Do your own searches but enjoy this one re-post to start your weekend right.

No comments: