Monday, April 16, 2012

Jim Marshall - the Father of Loud

Gawd has it been a whole month since my last post? Life has been really busy - apologies! Thinking about what happened in the last month, there have indeed been a few things going on in the world of music.

Maybe the one thing that is way overdue for a post is something about the passing of Jim Marshall earlier this month. Obviously a huge, huge name in rock and roll. Things would not be the same without his heeding the numerous calls from Pete Townshend to make a louder amplifier!

One of my all time favorite live Who performances, from the Isle of Wight in 1970, suddenly becomes more potent. I think I have posted this in the past, but scroll to 3:45 to see what Mr. Marshall's invention enabled Mr. Peter Townshend to accomplish. True sonic bliss!



Damn, that whole video gets my blood pumping.

Jim Marshall - the Father of Loud indeed

No comments: