Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Americans - Are We Really That Stupid?

I hope hope HOPE that this was a joke but I am having a hard time believing that it's not real.

An open question from a few days ago on Yahoo! Answers reads:

Is it safe to travel to Atlanta Georgia now? I am going to south carolina next weekend and I am thinking about drive down to atlanta just for the heck of it. But I heard the news that Russia has invaded Georgia, so is it still to drive to Georgia now? Atlanta is not near the coast, does that mean that Russia hasn't got to there yet?

The comments are priceless.

These are the same types of people who think Obama is a Muslim because, well, I guess that is the buzz right now, despite no proof whatsoever.

Please prove me wrong in November, America.

4 comments:

VoxMoose said...

My guess is the question was posted by a troll trying to be provocative and stupid and/or funny. Yahoo Answers tends to be a honeypot for that kind of thing.

Chris said...

It may a hoax, but I'm still pretty convinced Americans are indeed that stupid. I mean, watch this for crissakes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sq-VmBMHkw

Bar L. said...

one can only hope that was a joke!

VoxMoose said...

Wow, chris, that video is really something else. That woman is clearly serious: she thinks rainbows seen in sprinklers are caused by the government putting "something" in the water.