Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Iron Maiden Movie to Run on VH1 Classic

I was bummed to see that the new Iron Maiden documentary Iron Maiden: Flight 666 was not scheduled to play in any Portland theaters. I resigned myself to buying the DVD whenever it comes out. But yesterday word spread around that the film will be aired on June 6 (of course) on VH1 Classic at midnight. I'll be setting the DVR for sure!

Some info on the film: The documentary takes viewers behind the scenes of the first leg of the band's Somewhere Back In Time World Tour, which kicked off February 8th, 2008 with the first of their 23 sold-out stadium concerts all over the world. The documentary has won the SXSW Festival award for Best Music Documentary.

The band has been marketing the movie via a number of channels (the band's fan club even has a Twitter account) and one is the film's YouTube channel. Here is a recent short clip I thought was kind of amusing and...well, different for a heavy metal movie:

No comments: