Friday, May 01, 2009

One Way To Get Out Of Jury Duty

Have you ever followed The Smoking Gun? It's a Web site that re-publishes public records and documents and focuses on the sensational or at least the arcane and sometimes hilarious. Check out their pages of celebrity mug shots and you'll get the idea.

Anyway, seems that Montana's Erik Slye was not very interested in doing his jury duty assignment and after leaving a message that didn't get him out of it, submitted a letter that said the following (spelling errors preserved):

Apparently you morons didn't understand me the first time. I CANNOT take time off from work. I'm not putting my familys well being at stake to participate in this crap. I don't believe in the "justice" system and I don't want to have a goddam thing to do with it. Jury duty is a complete waste of time. I would rather count the wrinkles on my dogs balls than sit on a jury. Get it through your thick skulls. Leave me the f--k alone.

See it (and find out the response) for yourself here.

If I wanted to get out of jury duty, I would just show up drunk...

No comments: