Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ace Frehley Dies - Well, Not Physically!

The rumor mill last week had Kiss' Ace Frehley dead - some reports even had him offing himself! New York metal DJ Eddie Trunk got to the bottom of it. He blogged, "...my heart dropped when Snake Sabo called me to tell me he heard that Ace Frehley had passed away. I called Ace right away and was never so happy to hear him answer the phone! Ace is fine and very focused on a new CD at the moment. He has never been more healthy. Ironically, as I told Ace about this rumour, he told me he had just come from a wake, but it was not his..." Classic Ace.

Yeah, Ace's new CD. This project rivals Guns and Roses' "Chinese Democracy" as the most postponed release in the history of recorded music. I think Ace started this project when cassettes and vinyl records were the preferred listening media! Wait - when Eddie said Ace was "focused on a new CD" maybe he meant it was someone else's. Maybe he was just spacing out at the cover of Tales from Topographical Oceans. Anyway, I am really glad Ace is alive, but come on. Creatively, he passed away in 1980!

1 comment:

VoxMoose said...

Isorski wrote: Eddie said Ace was "focused on a new CD" maybe he meant it was someone else's. Maybe he was just spacing out at the cover of Tales from Topographical Oceans.

Exactly. ..."focused on a new CD [jewel case]" is what I think Eddie meant.