Sunday, February 03, 2008

You’ll "Really" Like This Web "Site"

My Grandma used to put quotes around everything. Especially people’s names. I’d get letters from her with people’s names in quotes and I’d think, "Ah, here is more news about my alleged family members."

My wife sent me the link to this site a few weeks ago but I did not get a chance to check it out until recently. Called The “Blog” of “Unnecessary” Quotation Marks, it’s a hilarious look at the misuse of "quotes" from around the world.

Now I want to cruise around Portland looking for offenders so I can make sure the Northwest is represented! Check it out.

2 comments:

H said...

My grandma always puts quotes around things like "Happy birthday" "Merry Christmas" "Grandpa and Grandma." A typical birthday card might read: "Happy birthday!" Haley, you're a "great grandaughter!" We love you! "Grandpa and Grandma"

Isorski said...

Yep - makes you wonder who is REALLY writing those letters, because it's not "grandma and grandpa." Actually, "great grandaughter" is a pretty nice play on words and maybe even a good use of those quotes. Maybe they are "on to something."