Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Fish Checks In With A Clean Bill of Health

Ex-Marillion singer Fish got a nice start to 2009 when he found that his recent throat cancer scare was unfounded. Fish posted on his MySpace blog on December 31:

It seems apt that on the closing day of 2008 I received the news that I had been hoping for in a phone call from my ENT doctor.

The biopsy samples taken from my vocal chords have come back negative on any malignant or pre-malignant growth. It appears that the source of all my problems has been a cyst which has been present for quite some time and was surgically removed during the recent examination.

I have been given a clean bill of health and told to start vocal exercises in order to stretch the repairing tissue. I can't explain how relieved I am.

...I have to admit that certain newspaper reports got me down when after gleaning all their quotes from my blog they then came up with the assumption that I was finished as a singer. It appears they have most definitely got it wrong and one of my first calls was to Yatta to tell him to go ahead and book festivals for the Summer. :-)

Now that is some good news!

No comments: