Monday, March 24, 2008

"Bands I Know" Series - Part One - Luce

I thought I'd take this week to post some interesting stuff about some bands that I know personally. I'll start off with Tom Luce, a guy I went to high school with, who sang in my first heavy metal band, Osiris.

I lost touch with Tom between graduation and about 1999, but we re-connected and I have enjoyed tracking his career, which is still going strong.

When Osiris reunited for our 20th High School Reunion a couple of years ago, Tom was supposed to join. But due to his house burning down and all of his band's gear getting stolen on the road - both in the same week - he couldn't make it.

We forgave him, barely.

Much as Rush did with Feedback, Luce has decided to recharge its collective batteries and stretch a little by recording an EP of cover songs.

The below video is a cool overview of how and why they did it. Enjoy.

No comments: